Our ladies’ veteran team has been set up for ladies over 35 who wish to continue playing hockey, but do not have to time to commit to twice-weekly training and matches on Saturday. Matches are played on Friday evenings and are 20 minutes aside. Most of our vets are past members and find this league a great opportunity to keep fit and in touch with former team mates, however, it is not necessary to have any previous experience. For all queries, please contact Karen Howard. FIXTURES 2016
If you wish to join our vet’s team, please click on the link below.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR LEINSTER VETERAN’S LEAGUE
1) Matches – 20 minutes each way – all matches played only on synthetic surface.
2) Please provide your own umpire without fail. If no umpire a player must take the whistle.
3) Bring your own ball.
4) Results to be sent to Judy Cohen – 087 2344798 or 2838698 or firstname.lastname@example.org – both teams must send in the result.
5) Confirm each match with your opponent.
6) Participants must be 35 years and older, however 2 players per team, per match may be aged between 30 and 35 but must be non-league players. Division 1 and 2 players are not eligible.
7) If a short corner is awarded it will be deemed to be a free hit from outside the circle if one or both teams have no goalie. If both teams have a goalie it is up to the 2 teams to agree whether or not to have short corners.
8) Points – 2 for a win and 1 for a draw. Walkovers will result in their opponents receiving 2 free points.
9) When the League Programme has been completed, if 2 or more teams are on equal points, goal difference will prevail and the L.H.U. Veterans Ann Cox Perpetual Cup will be presented to the winning team along with token prizes at the end of season 7-a-side tournament which will be held in Pembroke Wanderers on Friday 7th April 2017.
10) Costs:The fee for pitch hire by clubs playing veterans hockey will be included in the bill that their clubs receive for registration/affiliation fees. If you want to know how much each club charges please contact me.